Postings

Thursday 27 August 2015

THE KNIGHTS TEMPLAR CREED AND CODE OF HONOUR




THE KNIGHTS TEMPLAR CREED AND CODE OF HONOUR



STES DE NECKER


The Knights Templar are true to their creed and just to their country, and not to countenance disloyalty or rebellion, yielding obedience to the laws which afford them protection.

Let not interest, favour or prejudice bias their integrity or influence them to be guilty of a dishonourable action, but let their conduct be uniform and their deportment suitable to the dignity of their fraternal order.

Above all, they shall practice fortitude, prudence, temperance, and honour.
For these virtues have distinguished The Knights Templar in every age and nation.

==================================

This creed is my marrow.

Am I not also garbed in the creed, for it tells me what I wear.

The Creed is within me and about me.

It is my hand when I fight and tells me what my weapons are; within and without.

A Knight Templar is truly a fearless knight, and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armour of faith, just as his body is protected by the armour of steel.

He is thus doubly-armed, and need fear neither demons nor men.

Fortitude, Prudence, Temperance, and Honour are the fundamental principles embodied by this code, which sets forth obligations of ethical conduct.  

A Knights Templar shall comply with this code, and shall avoid association with any enterprises whose practices violate this code, and shall strive to uphold, maintain, and improve the integrity, reputation, and practices of the Knights Templar.    
   
The Chivalric Code of Honour

I shall defend the Knights Templar and the laws of the land.
I shall respect and defend the weak, the sick, and the needy.
I shall patriotically love and protect my country.
I shall not retreat from adversity nor from challenge.
I shall ceaselessly oppose evil and deceit.
I shall perform scrupulously my civic duties
I shall remain faithful to my pledged oath.
I shall prudently give alms and aid.
I shall be everywhere and always the champion of right, good, and tolerance against injustice.











STES DE NECKER
26 August 2015














==========================








No comments:

Post a Comment